Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Big Week...

This past week was a busy one. It was packed full of work, fun and play. Our church held their annual Soccer Nights camp. We hosted the coach and his girl friend at our house. Stella loved it. The first day was a little tough, but the rest of the week was great. Jonah loved it too. He came each day decked out in shin guards and Stella's old cleats (probably 5 sizes too big!). He was too young to participate in the actual camp, but hey, you can still ride bikes with shin guards right??! Him and his buddies, Nathan and Henry, had fun riding down the hill with their bikes and scooters, wrestling with each other, and kicking the ball around too. Ava joined in the festivities as well. She was able to play with her little friend Finn. He is a month older than her. Besides wanting to pinch each others faces and steal each others toys, I think they had a good time together. On top of having house guests and being busy with camp, I was able to work on signs and Sean and I were able to finish our table. It is finally in the house. It is far from perfect, but I think it is going to be great and serve it's purpose beautifully. Another exciting thing that happened this week was the open house for the elementary kids. Stella was able to meet her teacher and see her cute classroom. Prior to the open house, we received a letter in the mail from Stella's teacher that she had written to her students. In the letter she mentioned she would be smiling when she saw each of them. On the way home from the open house Stella says to me, "mom, she was smiling when she saw me." It was so sweet. I'm excited for her to start school so she can learn, but I will be praying diligently for my sweet girl each and every day that the Lord will protect her tender heart and mind. I think I'm ready to embark on this next chapter in our lives. Although, I'm pretty sure many tears are going to be shed on the drive home this coming Thursday when I drop her off for her first day of school.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your table looks fantastic! I'm not just saying that! It's beautiful Sara! You guys did a wonderful job! I love all the pics of the kids! It's amazing how much bigger they look in just the short amount of time I've been reading your blog! I hope you get to soak up some sweet and special moments with the kids before next Thursday!

Anonymous said...

The table looks great! Can't wait to come over and have good meal with you guys,And just know you want be the only one with some tears come the first day school. It's what we are called to do for our kids hold them up in prayer and your dad is always so good to remind me of that when talk so if I see you come Thursday maybe we can cry together.

Anonymous said...

sorry that last comment was me (allison) I don't know what I did to mess it up but you know me.

Anonymous said...

Oh! Stay strong on the first day of school. I am SOOO dreading that day and my big boy doesn't start until next fall!
Your signs are AMAZING... how can I buy one? And your table looks GREAT! Good job, Sean!!

Anonymous said...

Sara...love the pictures, love the stories, love the signs, love the table. I am so excited for Stella to start school, and I know you will probably cry your eyes out..completely normal...I'll be praying for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy, wonderful week! We'll be praying for Stella on her first day of school for sure! When I took Kaylee on her first day of kindergarten, I held it together while I took her to her class and got her settled. Then I walked to the car, buckled Maya into her car seat, called my best friend, and bawled like a baby! I counted the minutes until school was out that day...I'll be counting them for you too this week. Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Anonymous said...

Ooh the table looks GREAT! I love the pictures of cute little Ava and her cute little friend Finn. They are adorable. Also the last picture of all the kids in green is so sweet.

Anonymous said...

praying for you friend. stella is at school. sad. :( i hope she has a great first day and that you are comforted! she'll be home soon!