Monday, April 14, 2008

Spring Break with the Family

Grandpa and Grandma had a full house! many shoes = many feet

Steve, Kelli and their family were here and Tricia came home for the week too. I love it when my sisters come visit and I hate it when they have to leave. The only ones we were missing were Darrin, Janet, Andrew and Austin (and we did miss you guys). Otherwise the whole gang was here.

Wedding stuff
Here's us girls working hard at writing addresses on the envelopes. Minus the 5o + mess-ups, they turned out really pretty. On the actual invitation we did embossing which turned out so neat. I had never done that before and I loved the finished product. I can't wait for Tricia's wedding, it is going to be so beautiful! Only 3 more months!


Polly Pocket mania!
Each morning Ashlin, Alaina and Addison would come over to our house. Addison would shoot some hoops with Jonah and then they would head down together to Grandma's. Ashlin, Alaina and Stella would stay and play polly pockets for a couple hours. Stella was in heaven. To be able to play polly pockets with her cousins was so great! I love it when my nieces and nephews are here. Each one of them is so good with my kids. It is so nice for me, the mom, to have a little break and know that Stella, Jonah and even Ava, are in good hands with their cousins.


Goin' on an adventure!
All of the kids made a fort back in the woods. It brought back so many memories of when I used to do that. Alaina and Ashlin even made chairs out of some scrap wood that Grandpa had laying around. They had fun out there and even got to spy on the crazy neighbor with the llamas.

Hide and seek!
1,2,5,10,21,16...

Here's Addison and Jonah counting. It was their turn to find the girls. I had to take a picture because it was so cute. Jonah calls Addison his "big friend." Jonah will ask me "mom do you want me stay a baby?" and I'll tell him yes because I don't want him to grow up. And Jonah will say "mom... I have to get bigger so I can play basketball like Addison." Jonah loves Addison, and I'm pretty sure he told him that on a regular basis while he was here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhh those invites look AMAZING!! Can't wait to get my hot little hands on one. I'm sure Tricia loved being home, I know it's her favorite place to be.

Can't wait for the big day!!!

Anonymous said...

Crazy! Your sister is Tricia Scheffer??? I worked with her at Legacy!!! She probably doesn't remember me, but still! Crazy! I love her wedding invites! Paper Source is AMAZING!

Anonymous said...

Small world huh?! I'll have to ask her if she remembers you! I worked there too in `00-`01.

Anonymous said...

How funny! I came right in September 02! That's actually where I met Erin! I took your suggestion and put wedding photos in the frames above the couch and switched out the other ones around the apt! It looks really good, so thank you! :-)

Anonymous said...

Sara- looks like you guys all had a blast... I bet it is so much fun to have such a big family!!! I love the quotes from the kids... sooo cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I have to say again I love your blog! Love the pictures!I love the one with all the shoes, thats exactly how I remember your moms entry always looking! Your family is so awesome! I'm so excited for Tricia. Her invitation's look so pretty. Its so great that you could all do that together! Such special memories. We'll be praying for Ava.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for praying Vikki. We're continuing to pray for your family too. I can't help but get teary when I think of all you've gone/going through. Praise the Lord we can trust in Him!