I remember when Tori and Liz came and stayed with us before we (the girls) headed out to our annual Lake Chelan gathering. The plan was for them to get here Wednesday early afternoon and then we would head out to Chelan Thursday morning. I went and picked them up from the ferry on Wednesday and we headed back to our house and kicked it for awhile. Liz has this HILARIOUS photo thing on her laptop, so we messed around with that. I don't know if I have ever laughed so hard, seriously my stomach hurt! Her laptop has a camera and then there is this program where you can totally distort your face. OK here, have a look...
like mother like daughter

Funny huh?! And yes, just a little bit scary.After messing around with the computer we had some dinner. Sean barb-b-qued some yummy hamburgers, and I made a fruit salad. I remember Jonah ate a ton of pineapple. After dinner we decided to go on a touristy drive but first we wanted to go get some ice cream. Everything seemed to be going great, but I noticed Jonah wasn't really acting like himself. He seemed a little bit quiet and a little tired, but hey ice cream would perk him up right?! Nope. I think he took like 3 slicks off his ice cream cone and that was it.
We finished up our ice cream and headed back in the car for our drive. We decided to go out to the west side to watch for whales. We almost got to our destination but then Jonah started to cry and say his mouth hurt. He was acting really weird. His mouth was all watery and his tongue was sticking out of his mouth. My first instinct was - he's having an allergic reaction. He kept saying his mouth hurt and the way he was talking seemed like his tongue was swelling. So I turned into a mad-woman and was like "SEAN TURN THE CAR AROUND JONAH'S TONGUE IS SWELLING!!" So Sean turns the car around and then we were behind some people driving super slow. So I was like "HONK YOUR HORN SEAN, GET THEM TO PULL OVER!" So we honk and thankfully the car pulls off to the side of the road and we take off in a mad dash. Jonah's still crying, I'm acting like a crazy person and yelling, when all of the sudden Jonah starts coughing and then boom he throws up all over (phew, it wasn't an allergic reaction). Poor Tori and Liz. Jonah was sitting right in the middle of the two of them. After he threw up he was crying big time because he was covered in barf (yep you guessed, it consisted of 'lots of pineapple). Both Tori and Liz looked like they were going to throw up too. Then Stella, who was sitting in the way back, starts to cry and ask for water because she wasn't feeling good now either. Oh man, it was quite the car ride. My thought then was 'well I guess I won't be going to Lake Chelan.' But Liz calmly said, "we'll see how they are feeling tomorrow." Thankfully the girls were OK with leaving later on Thursday instead of in the morning and thankfully they used their persuasive skills and convinced me to go (I'm also thankful they still think I'm a good mom, despite my craziness). Jonah didn't throw up again and Stella never got the stomach sickness. Graciously my husband stayed home with the kids and let me go have fun with my friends. I got calls while in Chelan that both Jonah and Stella were running high fevers, I felt horrible that I wasn't there to help, but at the same time I was so thankful for Sean and his willingness to let me go.
We finished up our ice cream and headed back in the car for our drive. We decided to go out to the west side to watch for whales. We almost got to our destination but then Jonah started to cry and say his mouth hurt. He was acting really weird. His mouth was all watery and his tongue was sticking out of his mouth. My first instinct was - he's having an allergic reaction. He kept saying his mouth hurt and the way he was talking seemed like his tongue was swelling. So I turned into a mad-woman and was like "SEAN TURN THE CAR AROUND JONAH'S TONGUE IS SWELLING!!" So Sean turns the car around and then we were behind some people driving super slow. So I was like "HONK YOUR HORN SEAN, GET THEM TO PULL OVER!" So we honk and thankfully the car pulls off to the side of the road and we take off in a mad dash. Jonah's still crying, I'm acting like a crazy person and yelling, when all of the sudden Jonah starts coughing and then boom he throws up all over (phew, it wasn't an allergic reaction). Poor Tori and Liz. Jonah was sitting right in the middle of the two of them. After he threw up he was crying big time because he was covered in barf (yep you guessed, it consisted of 'lots of pineapple). Both Tori and Liz looked like they were going to throw up too. Then Stella, who was sitting in the way back, starts to cry and ask for water because she wasn't feeling good now either. Oh man, it was quite the car ride. My thought then was 'well I guess I won't be going to Lake Chelan.' But Liz calmly said, "we'll see how they are feeling tomorrow." Thankfully the girls were OK with leaving later on Thursday instead of in the morning and thankfully they used their persuasive skills and convinced me to go (I'm also thankful they still think I'm a good mom, despite my craziness). Jonah didn't throw up again and Stella never got the stomach sickness. Graciously my husband stayed home with the kids and let me go have fun with my friends. I got calls while in Chelan that both Jonah and Stella were running high fevers, I felt horrible that I wasn't there to help, but at the same time I was so thankful for Sean and his willingness to let me go.








7 comments:
Glad I missed that car ride!! :)
Yes I did miss the monday memories!
I laughed out loud at this one and hopefully you can too now ;)
Love the memory!!!! Went to Bainbridge this past weekend! It really reminded me of Friday Harbor! Can't wait to come out again and make some more memories! Hopefully Jonah will be feeling great the whole time! You forgot to mention the great burgers Sean grilleD!!!!! YUMMY!
I think I just peed my pants laughing so hard- seriously it's not fun being pregnant :) What a super-daddy Sean is- isn't it just amazing how much sweeter they become as time goes on!
Sara! Love the memory!! I laugh when I look at that photo of jonah and the icecream....he was already sick then!! HOpe your all healthy! Glad you get to fly!! Love you!!!
OK, crazy small world...I'm online reading your blog, and I go to leave a comment about your pineapple puke adventure. First, of course, I have to read the other comments, and I notice The Loyas. I thought, "How funny, I went to school with some people named Loya." So I click on their link, and turns out, it's the same Loyas! (I've heard you can play 6 degrees of separation and connect anyone in the world to Hemet in 6 steps...I guess it's true) So, Sara, you know Kim and Kim's married to Phil and Phil's sister is Lauren and we went to elementary & junior high school together. Phil and Jeremy also played on a basketball team together a couple of years ago...I think Kim was pregnant at the time and Maya was just a baby. Yes, she was, and we were chit chatting about baby stuff and not really watching the games. Ok, that's my story. Oh, and if you're reading this Kim, Hi! Say Hi to Lauren for me.
Now it's just getting scary...I decided to see if I knew any of your other friends who commented today, thinking, "Yeah, right, once is coincidence enough." Apparently not--it seems your friend Reese is married to Jeremy's high school basketball coach. Considering one of us comes from a small town in the middle of nowhere and the other one of us comes from an island, we sure seem to know a lot of the same people!
Post a Comment