Saturday, March 29, 2008

Oh how I LOVE the weekends!

Here are a few reasons why...

1. Weekends equal two days of glorious breakfast (waffles aren't on the weekday diet).

2. Sean's home and that means Dad and the kids make breakfast!


3. The beloved waffle iron is hauled out of the cupboard.


4. We get to enjoy this beautiful creation!


and to top it all off, my most favorite reason of all...

5. Indulging in syrup!


Quote from the movie Elf :

Buddy: "Can you pass the maple syrup please?"

"Uuuhhh, It's spaghetti."

Buddy: "Oh wait, I think I have some."

"You like sugar huh?"

Buddy: "Is there sugar in syrup?"

"Yes."

Buddy: "Then YES!"

Me and Buddy would get along really well! When I was pregnant with Ava, syrup was my one craving that lasted the whole 9 months. Maybe that is why she turned out so sweet ;). Unfortunately I haven't lost the craving. Although, since I've limited the indulgence to just two days, it makes me look forward to the weekends all the more. It also makes exercising during the week much easier because I know the weekend is coming and with that comes a yummy reward!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sara, I love reading your blog! I too love sweets and waffles are my favorite for breakfast. I really need to get a big waffle iron like yours. Maybe Sean could come over with the kids on saturday and cook me breakfast too and of course you would be my guest(just kidding). I could watch elf over and over even if it's not Christmas time and never stop laughing at buddy. Sure wish we lived closer to each other.

Anonymous said...

That made me laugh... and wow that looks good. Reminds me of waffle days in college!!