Monday, March 17, 2008

Monday, a day for memories...



Let's start with college memories, which of course means basketball....

I remember pre-season, 6am workouts and being so scared we would be late for them, that we would sleep in our clothes the night before.

I remember running - oh wait - sprinting around the soccer field a million times . Then once the workout was done I remember having to hurry like crazy back up to the dorms to shower. We had like 15 minutes to shower, get some breakfast and make it to class on time. There were days when one of my friends would
still have mud splatters on the back of her legs - that is how rushed we were!

I remember my senior year I tore my ACL. We were in Tennessee and I think it was like 5 minutes in to the game when it happened. I drove to the right, jump stopped and then heard a "pop" and I was down for the count. I remember having my knee surgery and recovering with the help of my mom, Tricia and Sean. Sean said he'd sleep on the floor beside me so he could help me if I needed to get up during the night. I remember needing to get up in the night, but there was no help. Pillows were thrown and his name was hollered... if I only knew this was a precursor of things to come! Thankfully my mom heard me and came to the rescue.

I remember making the best friends ever because of basketball and to this day staying in touch with each one of them. I love that we can get together each summer at Lake Chelan.
I love coming home with a sore stomach
knowing it is because we laughed and
laughed and laughed, and okay, maybe because
we ate a little too much candy. Those are memories
I'm going to treasure forever. I hope we
can continue to reunion until we're in
our 80's. 'Ladies of the Lake' forever!


I remember the day Sean proposed. It was Sunday December 12th, 1999. We went straight from church to 3rd Street in Santa Monica to do Christmas shopping. After a full afternoon of shopping and never stopping for lunch I was tired and, I hate to say it, a little cranky??? Sean wanted to go down to the beach to watch the sunset and my thought was "are you kidding me?" I'm so thankful for Sean and his perseverance, and for basically dragging me down there despite my grumbles. I'm so glad Sean still found it in him to find that "rock in his sock" as he so ingeniously put it.


I remember graduating from TMC. I can hardly believe that it will be 8 years this May. I remember being so excited because in just 3 short months I was going to marry my best friend.









It was so fun getting married right out of college
because a lot of our friends could make it to the
wedding.




I remember our wedding was an hour late. The ferry that had all my relatives coming to the island was running behind schedule. Sean was sweating bullets, literally. He was in this tiny room in the church and it was SO hot in there. I think it was the hottest day of the summer on our wedding day.




more Monday memories to come....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that was so fun to read!!! I LOVE your blog!! Thanks for posting my link on your site too. You rock!!! Love ya, Kate

Anonymous said...

Sara- that brought back soooo many memories!!! I just loved it!!! I remeber so many of those days. Almost made me cry!!!! Thanks for the memories!!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Love the memories!!!! THat is so awesome!!! I'm so glad I got to be your roommate! Tori

Anonymous said...

What a great idea Sara. I love all of the pictures. Did you scan them all into your computer. I have so many older photos I would love to get on my computer. ANyway, keep the Monday memories coming. I loved your top 5 too, and I always love hearing about your cuties. I'll update my blog soon.